What personal information about visitors do the Websites gather?
The information we learn from visitors helps us personalize and continually improve the Website and our services. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not take advantage of all of our features, such promotions. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your experience on the Websites, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Websites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of us on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use our mobile applications, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open email from us. We may also compare our visitor list to lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive email from us, you may follow the link to “unsubscribe” in our emails.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What are cookies and web beacons and how can you opt-out?
- A web beacon is an object embedded in a webpage or email that allows us to confirm that you accessed our content. We may use web beacons or similar technologies to track and measure the effectiveness of our emails and targeted ads. If you would like to opt out of the collection and use of such information for ad targeting, including through third party service providers, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, you made do so using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out tool, available here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How do we share the information we receive?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share customer information as described below and with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses, including those with co-branded and joint offerings, and we may share visitor information related to such offerings with such affiliated businesses. In addition, we may send offers (such as coupons or promotions) to selected groups of our visitors on behalf of other businesses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, customer relationship management software, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For example, if the Company, one of its subsidiaries, or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired, then customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of the Websites and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Are children allowed to use the Websites?
The Websites are not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may use the Websites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.